Birch & Ehrlich: Evolution “outside of empirical science”
“Our theory of evolution has become, as Popper described, one which cannot be refuted by any possible observations. Every conceivable observation can be fitted into it. It is thus ‘outside of empirical science but not necessarily false’. No one can think of ways in which to test it.”
Charles Birch and Paul Ehrlich, Evolutionary history and population biology, Nature 214:352, 1967.
- Be constructive & courteous. Don't attack individuals, denominations, or other organizations.
- Stay on-topic. We're not here to debate matters like eschatology, baptism, or Bible translation.
- Links to external sites and articles will be removed from your submission.
Privacy & Content Ownership
- Comments become the property of Creation Ministries International upon submission and may be edited for brevity and clarity.
- CMI may choose not to publish your comment depending on how well it fits the guidelines outlined above.
- By submitting your comment you are agreeing to receive email updates from Creation Ministries International. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- If your comment is published, your name will be displayed as ""